Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fifth day in Emirates Post

Thursday April 8, 2010 was my fifth day in Emirates post. It was amazing day I felt that this is the first day to work hard. First, the supervisor called me to explain what I will do she gives me a folder to put all my work on it, after putting all my thing I will give her this folder that last day of my work placement to be as remembrance in Emirates Post. It was a nice idea and I like to put all my staff on this folder to show my teacher and friends what I did in my work placement even if I was searching for a job I can show them this folder and my CV. In addition, they gives me an ID that carried a number from this ID they can check my name and when I come and go also to enter everywhere from this Electronic ID Card. Afterward we went to the marketing department to take what we needs for my new office such as pencils, pen, and more other things that I need for my work. Furthermore, the supervisor continue our tour she took me to the networking I don’t like this place because it was quit and no one can enter any office without permission or someone from the office open the door for his the doors was from iron it was a scary place to work on. Then we went to department of inspection and security it was wonderful place Mr. Rashid Bin Faris introduce the department to me. Who want to work in this department he must have a strong personality, conscience this work requires a big responsibility. But, I think it’s hard for women to work in this place because the women walk behind her emotions. When we came back to our office Ms. Abeer Al Hosani gives me some work to do which is to put some papers on the folders and to rearrange some folders in a creative ways and she explain every section in each folder and there was some papers that I don’t understand in which section I must put it but Ms. Abeer set with me and explain each section and what they do on these sections. Learnt from this that every department on Emirates post related to other department and I learnt a new word that I never hear about. Also to have a good work we must arrange the folders in a good way to not miss any important paper. It was a good challenge to work in this place because it in Arabic and I learnt many new thing and also to communicate with locals because in our culture it's difficult for a women to work with locals. Also, we should have self-reliance and precision in order to get excellent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment